Saturday 17 November 2012

1 Stamp Set 2 Ways

Here is a birthday card that I made using the Memories Collection stamp set. I thought that the stamps looked a bit like poinsettias, so using the same materials, but different colours, I made the Christmas card below.

I used cardstock from the Super Assortments So Mod paper pad. In the Christmas card, I stamped the flowers onto red card and glued 2 images together to make each flower. In the birthday card, I stamped the same flowers onto 2 different shades of pink card, cut the centres from the darker pink card and glued them to the lighter pink flowers.

 The edges of the birthday card were inked with pink ink and the Christmas one with Venetian Lace ink. I used the same inks to colour the lowercase chipboard letters, but they didn't stand out enough so I highlighted them with white and black gel pens. The "birthday" and "Christmas" words were stamped using the alphabet from the Creative collection stamp set. I also highlighted the leaves with a white gel ink pen that was smudged to give a more subtle look.

I share some more Christmas cards soon!

Happy creating,

Helen.



No comments:

Post a Comment